Still exhausted, but Otakuthon is over. Lots of fun times were had. Got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while and got to meet some new super awesome people. Thankfully this con was much less stressful and way more relaxed then Otakon was.
Once again, I barely took any pictures. Plus most of them were on my phone since I forgot my camera on Saturday, but here they are anyway:
- Picked up pre-reg with ~Hamano--Ayumi and then hung out/went location scouting with her and ~Udon-chan.
- Got off to a bit of a rocky start. Our bus ended up never showing up, so we didn't have time to show *alucardleashed where we wanted to shoot on Saturday.
- Ended up getting to the con at around 5PM.
- Took a tour of dealers/artists alley. Bought some beautiful Hannibal prints and an MLP towel set. Steph and I also commissioned this guy who was doing watercolor commissions. I really love the variety that I saw in the artist alley, both in terms of fandoms and in terms of the types of things being sold; especially when compared to Otakon.
- Walked around for a bit and got some food. Ran into a bunch of people along the way.
- Shot with ~RocknamLee which was fun.
- Grabbed some food and then changed out of costume and called it a night.
Steph and I being derps. Taken by ~Udon-chan after getting my game back. XD
- I was a retard and either never set my alarm clock or I was so tired that I don't remember shutting it off. Anyway, I ended up getting up half an hour before I was supposed to pick Steph up and I still had to pack all of my Iron Man pieces and finish doing some touch ups. Needless to say we ended up getting down to the con about an hour later than planned. Steph, I'm really sorry about that, especially since I was the one who was so adamant on being there on time. ;__;
- The two of us went casual for the morning which was very freeing. ~Udon-chan and MuseBasement were kind enough to let us store our stuff at their tables during the day.
- Commissioned Diane. Can't wait to see it! 8D
- Checked out one of the Turnabout skit things with Steph. We got there part way through so we were really confused as to what was going on, but we were super amused. We both agreed that they managed to keep the characters in character and the sound cues were on spot and very entertaining for us.
- Met up with Anthony and John throughout the day.
- Also met up with Melodie, her boyfriend and her sister. It was super nice to see them again and I'm glad they were able to make it to the con even if it was just for one day.
- My second derp moment of the day was when Steph and I were changing into our Avengers cosplay and I realized in my haste to pack my stuff that morning, I forgot to pack the harness in which the abs and the thighs attach to. Luckily my mom was heading downtown and was kind enough to bring it to the con center for me. <3
- Just chilled around the con for a while.
- Ran into these super sweet Fire Emblem cosplayers as we were chilling around before our shoot with Jack. <3
Pic is from Friday, but the awesome Fire Emblem peeps we met. The Gaius's bag was filled with candy which was awesome!
- Shot with *alucardleashed outside in the wind. It got off to a bit of a rough start with the flashes not working properly and the wind being kind of a deterrent, but things worked out in the end and the shots looked awesome from what I saw! <3 Also, we got super lucky that the security guard knew what cosplay was because Steph and I are pretty sure he waited until the last moment before telling us that we weren't supposed to be shooting where we were, so yay for that.
- Was 300% done with wearing Iron Man after the shoot, so as soon as we got back to the con center, we changed back into normal clothes.
- Ran into =Stealthos-Aurion. I'm glad I got to see you a couple of times over the weekend!
- I am extremely pleased that I am able to say that we cosplayed from The Avengers and then had shawarma after! 8D (Steph, I want those derpy shawarma eating pics so I can add them to this XD).
- This was seriously not my year in terms of organization as I didn't give myself enough time to get into costume before Steph was at my door to pick me up. LOL.
- Bag checked a couple of things before heading off to my shoot with Jeff. The shoot went well. I can't wait to see the pictures!~
- Went to the Fire Emblem panel. It started off okay, but then there were a bunch of people at the back of the room who were talking really loudly, so Steph and I just said "fuck it" and left.
- Went to pick up our commissions (which are gorgeous btw) and to visit friends at their artists/dealers booths.
- Changed out of costume before just chilling for a few hours.
- Went to shabu-shabu with John, Anthony and Alysa where fun times were had~ <3
All of my swag from the con (minus a Gerome cellstrap that I forgot about, lol).
So overall, a fun con. I wish I'd gone to see more stuff, but scheduling and cosplay really didn't allow for it. Next year I'll probably stick to "easier" and less restricting cosplay due to the work/school/life schedule I know I'm going to have in the coming year. I seriously burnt myself out this year, totaling about 600 hours worth of work (including estimates for what I didn't clock) which is double what I did last year and in less time. So yeah, lesson learned lol.