Another Otakuthon has come and gone.
Overall, I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about the con. There wasn't much in terms of paneling and events that I was particularly interested in and it took me most of the weekend to get out of "study/school" mode for me to really get into it. Hanging out with friends made it worth it though!
I feel like Otakuthon is the con I take the least amount of pictures at, but here they are~ cosplay.hoshikage.net/gallery.…Friday
- Spent the morning/early afternoon trying to finish up cosplay stuff (was cosplaying Aura from Ace Attorney that day).
- Picked up pre-reg with Hamano--Ayumi
and then spent a good couple of hours derping around and shooting Ace Attorney fun times with her, her mom, and Diane.
- Waited in line for the merch room for like an hour and luckily got in by around 8:30, so we could do a quick tour.
- Met up with up with some other friends and panel hopped for a couple of hours before calling it a night.Saturday
- Drove down to the con with Steph.
- Went to the A New World Final Fantasy concert which was nice.
- Photoshoot with Daniel Watt
. The shots I saw look amazing! I'm super excited to see the finished product!
- Chilled around the con for a while.
- Panel hopped with the same group of friends as Friday.
- Ended the day with the Persona World panel, which was pretty decent, but I was so tired I left halfway through to go home.Sunday
- Was supposed to get to the con with Steph but she got sick.
- Spent the morning trying to finish Hijikata's coat (ended up getting to the con around 11ish).
- Walked around and chilled with Diane and co.
- Did a walk around the merch hall again, and caved and got a print I'd been eyeing.
- Went out for what has become our traditional end of con shabu-shabu dinner.
Next up will probably be a day at Montreal ComicCon, but I'm not really feeling super pumped about it, so that might change. If not, I've decided to go to AnimeUSA this year since I have some time off!